Thursday, February 16, 2006

Forget jet-lag, it's time to compete!



OK Joe, here's the hockey pictures you requested! I switched to days, so last night I got the chance to go to the men's hockey USA versus Latvia game. I scored unbelievable seats - 3rd row behind the benches! This shot was taken from right where I was sitting without much zoom on my camera.

Because of professional team commitments and lousy weather for flights, the men's hockey team just arrived in Torino on Tuesday. Without much time to play together as a team and a little jet-lag factored in there, I'm sure this Wednesay game was a tough one for the men's team. The stadium was filled with very loud, rowdy Latvians. The game ended in a tie, 3-3. Although I'm learning the game of hockey, it's hard for a Cajun girl to grasp all the nuances of this winter sport, especially since the rules have changed this season. So, I'm sitting there at the end of the third period pretty excited that it's tied and we'll get some more game-time, when everyone starts getting up. What about some overtime?! Where's everybody going? Nope, it ends in a tie. So, I left a little disappointed that it ended in a tie, but happy about having been at a very exciting game. Eat your heart out Joe, this picture is of me standing in front of my seat, that's how close I was!

That's all for now. Caio!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to ask the same question about "Roots" on the Team jacket!
What's the story?

Karen said...

Wow, yall are really paying attention! Roots is the name of a clothing company who is one of our sponsors. It's Canadian (ironic, huh?!), and they furnished most of the apparel (along with Nike) and all the luggage.