Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feelin like a million bucks!

Wow, a good night sleep and a hot shower are the answer to all problems of the world! I managed to stay awake all day yesterday (after landing at 10:30 a.m.) so I was down for the count last night. I'm one of the fortunate few who have never really had problems with jet lag (I guess I can thank the Navy for that one!).

Thanks to everyone for the posts! There's not really a "typical day" yet since I just got here. Today we will be finishing up the set-up of our Performance Technology area. We have what looks like a Best Buy showroom to set up - a dozen or so video recorders, DVD recorders, flat screens, DVD burners, a mountain of digitizing and analyzing computers, as well as a variety of field recording devices. The 3-4 individuals I'm assisting all specialize in the use of technology in performance, so I'm the least knowledgable of this bunch when it comes to all these cool gadgets. My electronics background comes in handy since I'm pretty much a wire-hooker-upper right now! I'll bring my camera in later today and take some pics to post.

Living arrangements. . . There's a finite number of credentials alloted to each country that will get personnel access to the villages. Since we are support services, we give the majority of those credentials to staff that work for the National Governing Bodies (e.g. USA Speedskating, USA Figure Skating, etc). We can get access when we need it, but don't need it on a continual basis if that makes sense. So, we live in a hotel in the city of Torino. For security reasons, I don't want to say the name or location. The rooms are very nice and the hotel owners are making a huge effort to accomodate our American lifestyles. Disappointingly, even a few restaurants close by have started serving American-size portions. I'm going to try to eat at restaurants further away from where we live whenever I can!

That's the scoop for now. I will try to post some pictures tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey My Girl,

Stop Smiling so much....everyone will think your having fun over there.

I really like the blog. Ain't technology wonderful!

"Enjoy the Moment!" It's what we all live for.

I'll be following your entries each day.

Ate some boiled crawfish yesterday...I'll keep you some..see you when you get home!

Luv Ya BooCoo!-AuntRuth :-)