Sunday, August 06, 2006

Looking like a pergola!

Wow, what a full day! I'm cranky hungry, so this will be a short post so we can go eat! You can see the progression from the picutres, we got quite a bit done. We framed up the bulk of the pergola, now we just have to put the 1X2s across the top and dress it up a bit.

As you can see, we took a couple of beer breaks while we were working. I'm holding a microbrew called "Sunshine." That's what a lot of the guys I used to fly with call me (it was my callsign on the plane when I was in the Navy).

We're short a few pieces of lumber (hey, we had some good ideas as we went along- gotta be fluid when it comes to construction!), so we'll start off tomorrow tracking down some more cedar. I have to go into work tomorrow afternoon for a while, so we'll see what we can accomplish tomorrow. Until then. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Pergola is looking great. getting that much work done in one day, I want some of you'll energy.

If Suzanne doesn't mind I could use Dave in La. Pay is not much but I will feed him all he wants.

Give Dave a big hug for me.

Love,MOM