Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A day off!

With the pergola pretty much done, we decided to take the day off and do a little sightseeing. I brought Dave to the Olympic Training Center to see where I work and he got a behind the scenes tour. We checked out Garden of the Gods, then had lunch in Manitou Springs and wandered around that town and Old Colorado City. We were going to take the whole day off, but we made the mistake of going to Lowe's for patio furniture and ended up getting the stuff we needed to finish up on Thursday. Once we had everything we needed, we came back to my house and were anxious to get started again. Even though we supposedly average over 300 sunny days a year, you'd never know if from the last month here. Once again, it rained in the afternoon and we had to postpone until tomorrow. As I'm typing this though, the rain has stopped and we are sitting out on my patio enjoying a cricket serenade. I'm gonna spend so much more time outside now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Good that you and Dave had a day off and enjoyed the beautiful mountains. Don't let Dave go home without going to Michelle's.
The pergola and area is awsome and I am looking forward to seeing it myself. Dave,what ever Karen paid you she still made out on the deal.You do great work in record time. You won't have trouble keeping busy when you retire.

Love,Mom