Monday, August 07, 2006

And let there be shade!

Wow, the construction of the pergola is pretty much done! Dave earned his keep for sure!!! I had to work most of the afternoon, but by the time I got home, all the 1X2s were up and Dave only had a couple of bruises and I think potentially electrocuted himself once (I warned him about that electrical wire!). Seriously though, he was OK when I got home from work and we sat under the pergola enjoying the grid as we gazed skyward. I kinda hope it's really hot tomorrow with the sun blazing so we can see how much shade it actually gives off. It's been overcast most of the day and now that it's night, we're getting some lightening and rain.

I can't believe how quickly this whole project came together. From a thought in my head and pictures on websites, Dave figured out what I wanted and put it all together (and without graph paper!). Thank God somebody is good at math!

Tomorrow will be the real test of our imagination. Those portage stones are supposed to fit like a puzzle. Let me just say, after a couple beers, we still couldn't figure it out! Dave's pretty content with food and tasty beverages, but I think I'm definetly getting the best end of this deal. As we were sitting under the pergola admiring our work, the wheels were already turning as for what we are gonna do with the scraps. Daddy, you'd be proud!

Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be some creativity to post tomorrow. . .

No comments: