Friday, February 02, 2007

Below freezing!

The sand between my toes, the glorious feeling of a warm, salty breeze blowing through my hair. . . what's that?. . . a buff cabana boy walking up the beach to deliver my pina colada. . .

Then I wake up, shuffle to the kitchen and check the thermometer. . . -8 degrees. WHAT?! I can't leave the house at that temperature! Check my crackberry for the day's appointments. . . booked! Ugh, I HAVE to go in to work! Call a co-worker to pick me up because the VW Fox won't crank off in anything lower than 20 degrees. Check the thermometer again. . . yippeee, it's warming up. . . it's only -7 now! Oh God, save me from this climate!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puerto Rico is looking pretty good!!!!!!!!! Let me know when you are ready! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

OK now Sunshine. Remember the phrase, "Choose your rate, choose your fate". I think I will get a good butt kicking for this one now. Dave

Karen said...

Dave,
It's funny you brought up the phrase "choose your rate, choose your fate" because I was just explaining it to someone the other day! Yep, it applies in this case too. . . no butt-kicking needed!!

Monica,
Just let me know when the plane leaves. . .

Karla said...

Sunshine, don't feel bad, Jim and I'll be breaking out the battery powered underwear up here in Great Mistakes... it's going to be -7 Super Bowl Sunday with a WCF of
-15, but I'm sure this is tropical weather where you're at...
Love ya !! Karla

Karen said...

Karla,
In my visions of all of us in retirement, I picture a porch swing in a WARM climate (ok, with a few old cars in the yard and Jim & Dave wearing ball caps!).

Hang in there, we'll all get back to warm climates sooner or later!

sunshine

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Don't forget about the cases of Strongbow and Icy Hot! Not to mention charcoal and steak. Still have some of the ice on the ground you guys left me. Did Monica mention a trip to Puerto Rico? I'm in! Dave