Sunday, February 04, 2007

Above freezing!

Today, the temperature outside went above freezing!!!! We actually hit the high 40s today which was good enough to take the bikes out. My Harley stays garaged at my friends' house which is at a higher elevation than the city itself. After a few tense moments of riding on a sheet of ice down the street from their house, we had a great ride today. There's still snow and ice everywhere, but a lot of it started to melt today. As you can see in the picture of all of us in the Garden of the Gods (I'm the lead bike parked in the snow), there is still lots of snow and ice on the ground here. I'm really excited about this week though - we're supposed to be in the 40s all week! Too bad I have to work!

The folks in these pics are my usual riding partners. At the gas pumps is Sam and his wife Deb. The other one is of David & Suzanne. One of the best things about getting my Harley is the built in friends in the form of riding partners that came with the bike! It's great riding with people who already know me well enough to know that my bladder is only good for 20 miles or 20 minutes, whichever comes first!! Just kidding, it's not that bad (I can actually go for over an hour)!!

We're already planning long weekend trips for this summer. This winter has been hard even for the "locals", so there's a lot of planning going on!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to see the irony in your post....Down in Houma 40's would have meant schools closed and no one goes outdoors....now in the Springs in means your out riding barefaced on your Harley and getting excited that it's going to be in the 40's all week!

OH HOW FITTING......actually HILARIOUS!

The best part is your nickname is Sunshine! AHAHAHAHAHAA....

Joe

Karen said...

It's all relative isn't it?! I didn't say it was WARM out and that it was an ideal day to ride, but I've actually resigned myself to the fact that if I want to ride more than just 5 months out the year, I'll have to deal with temps in the 40s! Trust me when I say that riding in short sleeves in 80 degree temps is what I truly desire! Sorry to disappoint you my friend from those little states up in the north-east. . . I'll never like this weather, I'm just trying to be positive about the environment I've somehow managed to stick myself in!

Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I guess if it's too cold to ride and you want to be outside, you can always snuggle up to a good irish coffee on my patio out your back door. Yes, I said my patio, but not the same irish coffee we had at the Elephant bar when you guys were iced in at the house. Did you realize that I might be spending more time in southern La this year than you? Now I'm getting that butt kicking, huh? Dave