Thursday, February 15, 2007

Year of the pig

Today I received an invitation to a Chinese New Years celebration that will occur in a couple of weeks. Being the inquisitive soul that I am, I googled Chinese New Year to see when it actually occurs. February 18th marks the beginning of the Chinese year of the boar (pig). That's pretty interesting, I wonder what animal represented my birth year in the Chinese calendar. As it turns out, the year of the sheep, or goat, ended on January 29, 1968. Here are some excerpts from the attributes of someone born in the year of the goat. . .

has a great sense of fashion
tries not to hurt anyone's feelings
likes sympathy
sometimes requires too much attention from the people closest to them
sometimes too sensitive for the real world
insecure, needs to feel loved and protected
usually shy away from confrontation
pull back when faced with heavy decision-making situations
blatently refuse to take an unpopular stand in a confrontation

I especially love the first one!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Good thing you weren't born chinese. You would have to been exiled!!!!!!!!!!! Love MOM

Karen said...

Mom,
I thought you'd get a kick out of it! I remember looking up what "Karen" meant and discovering the definition was "pure and innocent" and thinking that you must've been really disappointed!! Ha, ha, ha!
love Karen

Anonymous said...

Karen,I don't put too much stock in the meaning of names. It is what the person makes of their life in spit of all the road block that they face. No disappointment on my part. I am very proud to call you my daughter "KAREN"

I am a rooster and not too many of the discriptions fit me .Check it out.MOM

8rmine said...

Karen,
Interesting!
I'm a "Pig" so this is my year. Here is a link to the "Pig". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_(zodiac)
Tell me what you think?
Like all the zodiac characters there are some items that fit and others that don't. But amazingly, for me, I think this one hits it right on the nose and comes close in other areas.
As the mother of 4 chinese kiddo's, its amazing how my kids are basically described in their characters. As are my 4 bio kids. Almost scary!
Just another avenue of fun, like checking out our horoscopes.
Suzanne
Suzanne