Saturday, December 23, 2006

Home for the holidays!!!

First of all, THANK YOU ANITA! My friend Anita talked me into accompanying her to the airport yesterday morning for her 6:30 a.m. flight. She made a good argument when she pointed out that I might as well sit at the airport and try to go stand-by on one of the 7 daily flights from Colorado Springs to Houston.

Long story short, on the fourth flight of the day, I got a seat to Houston. It must've been meant for me to make it home for the holidays, because I was able to get a seat on the very next flight from Houston to New Orleans! By 7:30 p.m., I was sitting in my momma's kitchen eatin gumbo and home made bread with my family!

It's 55 degrees out, I'm walking around it jeans and a t-shirt! There's just enough chill in the air for it to feel like winter (from a Cajun's perspective)!!!!

I'm a little busy "visiting" right now (oh, the beauty of this Southern past-time), but once I tear myself off the swing and my cup of coffee, I'll post some pics!

Happy Holidays and thanks for all those positive thoughts sent my way! It worked!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is a word but, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You made it!! Love ya, Dave