Thursday, October 26, 2006

Where's the nieces & nephews when you need them?!

Around 5:00 p.m. I went outside to shovel my walk and driveway so I'll be able to get my car out tomorrow morning. We got 12-16 inches here in Colorado Springs, but it had just stopped snowing and was actually melting already. As I shoveled the steps leading to my front door, I realized that Bridie had a great idea about the snowman building. This snow was wet and stuck together really well. OK, I'll just shovel my way to the car, then build a snowman.

With an elevated heartrate 30 minutes later and the car still not freed, I decided that this may be good snowman building snow, but it was also HEAVY! My back is still tight as I'm writing this blog post!! Needless to say, once I got the car free and the sidewalk cleared, I wasn't interested in building a snowman anymore (and it was dark). I went outside with an optimistic attitude that maybe this could be fun. Let's just say there's absolutely no chance of me converting from a beach to a mountain person! It looked great out the window, but turned out to be a whole lot of work once I got outside!

I will concede, however, that this could've been a fun afternoon with Gavin, Julia, Philip, and Andy here. And I would've had some help with the shoveling!!!

I heard on the radio earlier that 15,000 homes in the Spring area is without electricity and may not get it back until tomorrow. Luckily, mine is not one of those homes. So, I pulled some gumbo out the freezer and I'm warm and toasty in my house. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for my flight out of here on Saturday morning. Stay tuned. . .

No comments: