Friday, October 20, 2006

Hanging with Bridie

Today was back to school for me! I walked to school with Bridie this morning, then checked out the book store while she was in her first class (raining too hard to do much sightseeing). I went to the next one with her though, which was a lecture on the economics of obesity. It was actually quite interesting and I left with a few references for future presentations. Her major is Policy Analysis and Management, so it was interesting to hear about the obesity problem from an economy professor's point of view. A definite difference in perspectives!

It was rainy and in the low 40s today (I'm sure I don't have to interject a comment here!). Although quite chilly, it was still nice to get to hang out with Bridie! There are several gorges on and surrounding Cornell's campus (she's standing in front of one of them). I've always heard how amazingly colorful the fall leaves are here, but the dreary weather today didn't do much to bring out the colors. Maybe tomorrow it'll be a little drier so I can get better pictures of the changing leaves.

After school, we ran some errands and went to a cool place called Buttermilk Falls (you can see it behind us). Bridie said it was pretty skinny a few days ago, but it was flowing pretty forcefully today with all the rain.

All in all, today was a wet, but laid back day. We'll see what tomorrow holds. . .

No comments: