Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Time is ticking. . .

It’s quite the process, but once we get all our athletes out of the Villages and headed back to the States safe and sound, we palletize all our equipment for shipment back to Colorado Springs. By equipment, I mean all recording electronics, medical supplies, strength and conditioning gear, desks, chairs, office supplies, etc. Not quite as bad as a 6 month military deployment, but a daunting task nonetheless. There is only a skeleton crew at this point, so those of us that are left have quite a lot to do. As you can see from these pictures, we pack it up, stage it all on pallets, and bring in a shipping company to do the rest. Now that this is done, we will have a farewell dinner tonight and pack our personal stuff for the flight home tomorrow. My flight leaves at 6 a.m. (3:30 a.m. airport run), and the journey home begins. We already went to our favorite local restaurant, Gaspare’s, and had a good-bye lunch and exchanged email address and bid farewell to the whole family. Gaspare’s wife had a baby just a few days ago, so we’re all anxious to see some pictures!

So, if all goes according to plan, the next post will be from the States! I stop off in Louisiana for some Daigle family lovin before I go back to Colorado. I've enjoyed my time here in Torino, but I'm ready for some clean (OK, cleaner) air and some much warmer weather!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get home safe and make sure you call me when you get there.......I want to hear all about it.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon!!

Joe