Friday, March 24, 2006

Where's my warm weather?

I'm back in the States! I had another uneventful, but long, journey across the big pond. With a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany and another 6 hours of hanging out in the Chicago airport, it seemed like forever to make it to Louisiana. I came through the journey in one piece, but minus 2 pieces of luggage! One showed up yesterday, but unfortunately, it wasn't the one with undies! I'm usually pretty good about splitting up my clothes between checked bags and carry-ons in case one, or all, don't show up, but I'm much more laxed about it on the return trip. I always figure that I'll be home so I can make due. Now my sister's closet is paying the cost!

My flight arrived so late that I didn't get the rock star reception at the airport that I usually get (it was past my younger niece and nephew's bed time!). My mom and dad were there to pick me up - a little tired, but excited to see me! My friend, Bridie, was there also. She came to New Orleans with a friend from school and hung out for a day before I arrived. She met my parents at the airport and came back to Houma with us for a few days. I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll be taking her sightseeing for a couple of days, so we should have a few shots to post soon. I fantasized about 80 degree weather for the last two weeks only to show up to a high in the 50s. To those of you up north, I'm sure that sounds like heaven right about now, but I was hoping to get some color and a do little waterskiing before I head back to Colorado!

So, just wanted to let everyone know I made it safe and sound and am enjoying some family, bayou lovin (and great Cajun food) at the moment!

No comments: