Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back to the cold with a tan!

My last day in Louisiana, the weather smiled upon our family bar-b-que. It was still a bit chilly in the shade, but the sun was shining bright without a cloud in the sky (as my sunburnt nose will attest to!). A few family and friends stopped by to hang out for the afternoon. Most of the family pictures are on my mom's camera, so I don't have any good ones of the fam to post.

My friends, Amy and David, from Baton Rouge drove down to Houma with their son Ryan (they're two of the links on the sidebar of this blog) to spend the day with us. After making their way through the Raceland Fireman's parade, they showed up at my parents' house with a very content baby Ryan. Ryan was a hit, especially with my niece Julia and nephew Gavin.

It was hard to leave the warmth of my family and bayous to come back to my land-locked, cold Colorado home. I know my Northern friends will think I'm just being a wuss when I call this cold, but as I'm typing this, the outside temp is in the mid-30s!

Yesterday was my first day back to work and I've got quite a week ahead of me trying to dig out of all the work that was waiting for my upon my return. So, unless something really exciting happens between now and my trip to Beijing, I probably won't be blogging again until the end of April. Thanks for following my travels and check back then to see how Beijing goes.

No comments: