Monday, October 20, 2008

You're still here?!

With such a quick turn-around between trips out here to the Springs, a lot of the folks that work out here didn't realize I had gone back to San Diego! I've been continually greeted with "you're still here?" as I walk around complex! Actually no, I left and came back! Just as well, I like to keep people guessing as to where I am!

Now, I won't bore ya'll with my work life and the drama that sometimes goes with it, but let's just say that the last 4-5 days have been draining. I try hard not to take myself too seriously, but I work really hard and do tend to take my work quite seriously. Sometimes I let work get to me too much, but I'm fortunate to have people in my life that don't let me get too wound up in it! Being the true friends that Suzanne and David are, the mere mention of a stressful day of work prompted them to come pick me up from the training center to take me out to dinner! I jumped into the vehicle and was greeted with a glass of wine from Suzanne and David acting as chauffeur for us for the evening. David, you are a good man!!!

We ALWAYS go to my favorite Indian restaurant (Mirch Masala) when I'm in town, but they were determined to force me from habit and drove me to their favorite new Thai restaurant. What a great deviation from routine!!! We ordered family style and enjoyed a little taste of everything. Drunken noodles, spicy garlic shrimp and spicy eggplant. . . it all made my forehead sweat and my nose run, but tasted great! I didn't think I'd want to eat with chopsticks again for a while so soon after returning from Asia, but this meal was definitely worth it!

In a cruel twist of fate, the weather warmed up as soon as I left on Wednesday only to turn frigid again upon my arrival here last night. Besides sharing dinner, we usually all go out for a spin on the Harleys when I'm in town. Unfortunately, the 48 degree temp this afternoon kept us bound to four wheels instead of two on our quest for dinner. It looks like our two-wheeled excursions are on hold until next spring now.

The evening ended with us having dessert at Montegut's on Tejon and laughing over endless stories. It's amazing how different our lives are but how much we still seem to have in common. There's a link to Suzanne's blog on the right side bar of this blog, so if you're curious about the lives of the parents of eight, check out the link to her blog.

That's all for now. I've got some reports to read before tomorrow's meetings. Enjoy your evening and check in again when you get a chance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now thats a TRUE friend to pick you up from a stressful day at work with a glass of wine ready!!!!! Could you guys come down to Louisiana!?!?!?!? Glad you had back up for after work while you were there! Love ya and miss you!---Monica