Thursday, October 23, 2008

Snow and coffee

We all knew it was gonna happen. . . the first snow of the season while I am here in the Springs! It's been absolutely frigid the last couple of days, but today the sun came out and it wasn't too bad. I've been inside in meetings most of the days for the last week anyway, so it's only when I'm walking between buildings or going out to dinner at night that I really feel it. I've been fortunate this trip to be able to get together for dinner with David & Suzanne quite a few times. It's nice to leave complex and talk about something other than work!

Just as getting together with Suzanne & David is at the top of my list of things to do every time I roll into the Springs, a trek down to Raven's Nest Coffee is a must. Although the picture is blurry, that's Paul whipping up another amazing espresso behind the counter. I've been gone a year now and he still knows my "usual"! I don't mind Starbucks when I'm traveling because I know what I'm gonna get, but the worldwide franchise giant doesn't hold a candle to the service and java at the corner of Institute and Boulder streets! Paul and his wife Heather own and operate this great little establishment that roasts its own coffee beans. Go there once and you'll become a regular!!

I've got meetings straight through Saturday and will fly south back to San Diego on Sunday. Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: