Monday, October 27, 2008

Taking a little break. . .

Well, I'm back in Southern California, but not for long. The week in Colorado Springs ended up being quite productive. As much as I like to get things accomplished professionally, I'm always excited to slip a little personal time into these trips. I ended up scooting out of my Saturday meeting early enough in the afternoon to get together with Suzanne again. As I was walking out the door, I called her up and asked if she was up for a little ride. Her excited and familiar response was "I'll be right there"! Not 20 minutes later, she was rolling into the OTC parking lot on her Softtail to get me.

We rode back up to their house where we asked David to join us for a spin, but he bowed out so we could get some girl time in. I don't know many people who have no problems handing over a one year old Screamin Eagle Road King to out of town guests, even knowing how much I love to roll out miles with his wife!! I'm sure the knowledge that I ride 50 miles a day on crazy California interstate roads also reinforces his faith in my riding ability!!

For the next few hours, we spun around Colorado Springs until it got too chilly to be enjoyable. I'm always stunned by how quickly the temp drops at altitude whenever the sun isn't shining down on you. I was glad that I had packed my chaps in anticipation for a little adventure on this trip! It's kind of like a pocket knife, you never know when you'll need it! Just before dark, we rolled up to their house where we spent the evening eating and hanging out with the family.

So I am now unpacking my suitcase from my arrival yesterday and packing it in anticipation for my departure tomorrow. I fly out to San Antonio to help a friend celebrate the end to a 25 year career in the military. I'm sure I'll have some pics and stories to post from the outing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Good that you were able to mix business and pleasure. Friends like David and Suzanne are called Angels.Always keep them close, even if it is just in thought and email or a phone call. You are blessed.

Love ,Mom

Anonymous said...

Good to see you, let me know when you are back in town so we can grab some "cajun" food. See you soon,
Paul