Thursday, May 08, 2008

Resevoir Run

Although the weather on Sunday wasn't quite as nice for riding as Saturday, I rolled out from my apartment into the chilly, damp air. As luck would have it, Fred wasn't scared off by our first ride a few weeks back and invited me on another! We met up at the Sweetwater Harley-Davidson dealership in National City for the 1st Annual Reservoir Run. The event was a poker run that took us to several lakes around the area.

After registering for the ride, I pulled my first card for the day's poker hand. I'm not much of a poker player, so I didn't pay much attention as they marked my sheet and sent me on my way. From the dealership, we rode right past the Olympic Training Center where I work to the park by lower Otay Lake where we pulled our second card.

After stretching our legs a bit, we hopped back on our bikes and rode some winding roads down south to Lake Morena. The sun had started to peak through when we first rolled out, but the clouds were invading again by this time and I was a little chilly. I know, you're probably not feeling very sorry for me that I was chilly on my ride in southern California when parts of Colorado were getting snow!!

From Lake Morena, we rode en masse to Sweetwater Regional Park and pulled the fourth card of the day. After quick bathroom breaks, our growling stomachs nudged us back onto our bikes and we made our way back to Sweetwater Harley-Davidson for the final card draw and the BBQ.

Back at the dealership, prizes were given for low and high hands. I had a mixed bag and didn't qualify for either! Not to worry, the pulled pork BBQ sandwich and baked beans tasted good and I enjoyed hanging out for a few hours while raffle prizes were given out (I didn't win anything there either!).

All in all, the weekend turned out to be a couple of days of quality miles and good company! I was a slacker on Sunday and didn't take many pictures, so thanks to Fred for supplying the ones posted here.

Once again, I am preparing for another trip. I fly out on Sunday to Fort Benning, GA for the pistol & rifle Olympic Trials. Don't know if I'll get to post from there, but I'll try to put something up as soon as I can. Have a great weekend!

No comments: