Sunday, October 21, 2007

Roadtrippin!!

Day 1
Well, I'm officially on my way to California!


Suzanne and David accompanied me in their Ford Excursion down to Santa Fe, New Mexico. They wanted to ride their Harley's too, but the weather is supposed to turn pretty bad in Colorado for their return trip (snow). I got out of Colorado just in time!!

It wasn't long into the road trip before they were thankful that they were in an enclosed vehicle and not exposed on their bikes. The wind from the west was unbelievable! I was literally leaning the bike to my right side into the wind to keep from getting blown over. David said that at some points it looked like I was leaning at a 30 degree angle! That was definitely the hardest I've ever worked on my bike and I was pretty exhausted by the time we pulled into Santa Fe 6 hours later. Minus the hour we stopped for lunch, I fought the wind for the majority of the trip.

Once in Santa Fe though, we had a great meal at one of Suzanne and David's favorite places here. I took pics, but I'm doing this post from my Blackberry and am unable to download pictures [I've added them at the end of the trip!]. So if you don't mind the story without pictures and a few misspelled words, check back in for updates on my progress towards the West!

Today Suzanne and David head back to Colorado and the weather report this morning will determine if I go through Flagstaff or if I have to go south some more all the way around the mountains. Keep your fingers crossed for me for a little less wind today. I'm not complaining though, I'll take wind gusts of 40 mph in 80 degree temps any day over a light breeze and 40 degrees!!!

No comments: