Sunday, January 07, 2007

A New Year!

Yes, I made it back to Colorado Springs on Wednesday. Funny how I got snowed in, but couldn't get snowed out!!! We had fresh snow Friday, but I won't post any snow pictures. It's everywhere and I'd just as soon not see it on my blog too! One of my New Years resolutions. . . don't complain about the weather!!!

I can't believe it's already 2007! Last year was pretty eventful for me, but I honestly don't know what's in store for me this year. We've gone through some restructuring at work, so I'm not sure how 2007 will unfold. I do know that I will continue this travel blog even if I don't travel quite so much. It's been so much fun posting and hearing feedback from family and friends. It's such an easy way to keep everyone up to date and to give folks a different view from their own geography! With over a 100 posts and 6000 visitors, I suppose it's inevitable that I will continue!

This picture is of my favorite Christmas present. . . a freezer full of seafood from South Louisiana! Once again, my parents' have replenished my supply for a while. There's shrimp, crab meat, some speckled trout, and gumbo (plus a couple of packets of crawfish left over from last time). I can't thank my mom & dad enough for peeling all those shrimp, cleaning the fish, picking the crabs and saving the gumbo for me! Seafood tastes so much better when you know the chain of custody and the waters it came from!

I leave on Thursday for Oklahoma City for Dave's retirement ceremony. It's unbelievable that one of the three amigos is old enough to be retiring after 20 years in!!! You're getting old Dave!! Me, Dave and Jim have flown hundreds of hours together on P-3s in the Navy, have competed in lots of runs and triathlons together, and have been best friends for a decade now. We haven't all been together in a few years, so this should be quite the shindig- stay tuned for pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, What will be for dinner tomorrow? On second thought I'll wait for warmer weather . Glad you were home for the holidays. It was way too short a time.
Love you,MOM

Anonymous said...

I figure of my 1700 hours of flying in VQ2, we had about 1000 of those together. And by the way, ice and snow forecast for Saturday night and Sunday.

Dave

Karen said...

Dave,
And you're still friends with me after spending 1000 hours couped up with me in a confined space?! You and Jim must be crazy!!!! Yall learned the secret to keeping me in a good mood a long time ago. . . feed her often!!!

Can't wait to see yall!
sunshine

Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I wouldn't have it any other way!!See you in a few, just hope I don't fall asleep on stage. Sleep? What is that!!!!!

Dave