Friday, January 19, 2007

It is what it is. . .

Since I've been back from Oklahoma City, this is what I have seen every morning when I check the outside temperature. The large number is the outside temperature and the small number is the inside temp. Yep, that big number says it's zero degrees. Every morning. I'm going to have to default to the old adage, "If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all." I have absolutely nothing nice to say about what folks around here call their beloved four seasons!

On a brighter note, however, my friends Suzan and David had me over for dinner for my birthday this week. He actually stood outside in this weather and BBQed steaks for his whole family (6 kids at home plus Suzan), and for our friends Sam & Deb. To my friend Dave in Oklahoma City, I hate to admit it, but he gave you a run for your money on cooking my steak just right!!!

I'm not one of those women who keeps my age a closely guarded secret- I turned 39 years old! This is my last year in the third decade of life. I'm pushing 40 and it's pushing back! WOW!! I can't even remember what I thought I'd be doing at this age when I was younger.

Not much exciting on the horizon. No scheduled travel until the end of February, but I'll try to find something positive to post about before then! Hopefully a day that reaches above freezing temperatures . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I guess they didn't have enough candles for the cake, huh? It's more like 13X3! So you admit to cheating on me and my steak. I have been challenged! Dave