Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Opinions needed!

OK, OK, I know I'm behind on posting! I've had several requests for pics of my new place, but I still have have stuff spread out from wall to wall at the moment as I attempt to get my life organized!! In the meantime though, I've decided to expand the wall art of my amateur photo hobby. As most of you know, I'm all about the pictures. I'm the geek that actually looks through those mounds of photo albums collected over the years. Part of my way of dealing with being away from so many loved ones so much of the time is to be surrounded by reminders of great times spent with them. I have lots of pics of family & friends around my home, but I also enjoy landscape scenes as art. Now this is where my opinionated friends and family come into the picture (pun intended!). . .

I'm looking to get a huge enlargement of one of the following photos that I've taken over the years on the Hawaiian islands reproduced onto canvas so it looks like a painting. As you know, I'm a beach girl at heart so I'm hoping one of the following prints on my wall will help calm my restless soul. Here are the options:

1. Waimaea Bay, Oahu2. Family on beach, Kauai3. Hammock scene, Kauai
4. Sunset on Maui

Some of you have posted comments in the past, so you know how it works. For those of you who have been voyeurs and haven't posted a comment before, it's pretty easy to do. Click on the "comments" tab at the end of this post and you will be brought to a new screen. Once you type in your comment in the text box (and choice of pic!), click on the button next to "anonymous" unless you have a blogger profile already set up (if you did you would know how to do this!). Make sure you sign your name in the text box (just first name and last initial please) so I'll know who made the comment. Then click on "publish your comment" and it will be sent to my email account for review. You won't see your comment posted right away, it'll show up later after I approve it from my email account. Since this is a family-friendly blog, I want to make sure that no one posts anything inappropriate.

Alright y'all, don't let me down. . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote is for #4!
-Lisa H.

Anonymous said...

#4 is my choice. I think for a relaxing and calming feeling the sunset tells it all. Wish I were there to help put away the things with you.

Lots of love,MOM

Kaye said...

They are all great, but my favorite is definitely #1. That's simply gorgeous!!

8rmine said...

O.k. My vote would be for #1. I loved Waimaea Bay when we were there countless years ago. Can't wait to hear which picture gets the final vote.
I'm also anxious to hear all about your new place and see pics.
Love Ya!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

vote for #1

Anonymous said...

"K"
Well in true Libra fashion I will break it down before giving you my choice....
#1-Love it....I look at the picture and never being there I get a really good feeling of what a secluded beach should look like if I would dream it....I can almost smell the salt in the gentle breeze and feel sand under my feet. NEXT
#2-I love the surf and sand gives me a feeling of turmoil...I like the family it gives me a feeling of peaceful ....the colors are great and the contradictions are interesting to view...a story of sorts. Next
#3 Peaceful, restful and a picture that makes me feel like I can gaze at it and feel the webbing of the hammock and smell the salt breeze and the cares of the world are far away. Next
#4-I love sunsets....I'm a morning person so sunsets center me and bring me to a place that helps me to gear down from the day...Colors are great....again a very restful scene for me.

Now my choice I hope this picture will go in a room that you will spend a lot of time in.....#1..Beach Girl can get her fix of a perfect beach.

As always thats my opinion and I'm stickn' to it......but I love them all and think whatever the outcome it will be the right one for you and your new home.

Love you Much,
Newly retired Aunt Ruth

Anonymous said...

Captain, I would pick #4 since You and Monica spent some time there and enjoyed it.
Put them all up around the house, your restless soul will be moving around and U will be relaxed in all corners.
You are the "Captain" young lady pick one and enjoy. Enjoy each day to its fullest. Smile often and be a good officer.
Have fun and be careful in NC. Remember the USAF is right next door to Bragg. Totally a different world over there. Your O Club has a nice fitness center inside too. Relax after work there with a workout and energizer drink. Officers don't work, the enlisted do that for you.
Best wishes,
Joe USN Ret

Anonymous said...

Mate - number 1 is my choice. From Susie P.

Anonymous said...

I vote for #1.
The water is peaceful - a state I think you are able to find. Yet, from the photographer's viewpoint, the path of water is winding. The trees and rocks on the side are the contributors to making you you.
My two cents...
XO
- KJ

Anonymous said...

Karen,

My vote is for #1. I think it has the best scenery/texture and has a good balance.

It would also be easy looking at that picture while listening to some Jimmy Buffet and drinking a Margarita or maybe a little wine.

And if you had guest in the winter, they would be comfortable stripping down to some shorts and a t-shirt. Because if it’s cold out side, you'll have it hot like a sauna inside.....just like a beach!

with love,

Rob S.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're settling in... #1 and #4 r beautiful...Really takes you there...
Miss ya chica!
XOXO, Karla

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I missed the voting, but endorse number 1 as well! I loved that beach when I was stationed there too. Hope all is well as you're getting settled.

Rob L.