Friday, March 27, 2009

And the votes are in. . .

Thanks to everyone for weighing in with their votes! I knew it wouldn't be hard to pry an opinion out of this group!! This has been an interesting exercise for me and definitely changed my mind. I hadn't completely decided yet when I posted the pics, but I was certainly leaning towards #4. There's something about sunsets/sunrises that stir my soul.

The beauty of having people who know you well is that sometimes they have insight into your psych that you can't recognize in yourself! I love that y'all seemed to have put some thought into this and I especially liked reading the rationale behind the picks! It was like having everyone standing in the room helping me decide! OK, not quite because then it would've involved lots of food, story telling and laughter- although Rob did sneak in a story about my beach apartment winter heating meltdowns in Spain!!

I'll be getting the winning pic developed onto canvas to hang over my bed, it'll have even more meaning knowing that it was picked by friends and family!

And the winner is. . . #1- Waimea Bay, Oahu. Kind of fitting since I spent four very formative years on that island while I was in the Navy. The pic was actually taken in 2006 when I went back there with my sister though. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Before I catch a ration of you-know-what for not posting pics, I WILL POST SOME OF MY NEW HOME THIS WEEKEND!!! Thanks again everyone for remaining a part of my life even when I'm far away :-)

No comments: