Tuesday, January 06, 2009

OBLC

I don't really have time for a full-blown post, but to appease everyone's requests to see me in ACUs (Army Combat Uniform) I'm posting the only pic so far! My room mate Alex took this pic of me at the end of Day 1. And yes, I chopped my hair back down to the way I wore it in the days of when I had to accommodate flight-line cranials and flight helmets!

The first couple of days have pretty much been paperwork, orientation and a little drill & ceremony (formations & marching). We got tested for height & weight standards this morning and will take the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) on Friday morning.

I'll keep ya'll in suspense a little until I'm able to post more this weekend. Have a great week as my blood takes on a green tint (don't worry Navy buddies, I'll always be blue at heart!)!!!

5 comments:

8rmine said...

I like the hair cut!!! Anxious to hear all about your new adventures!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Karen, Like the uniform!!! Hope its going great!!! Lauren misses you in the new Boot Camp.

Unknown said...

Karen!!! I miss you at bootcamp! Our first session was on Monday night with the new group... it's not the same :(
Van is attending the 7am class which I might start going cause the 7pm class which I'm in is... let's say alright. No one is as kick ass as you were. Nor decides to honestly "put out". I saw Adam on Monday night at the 6pm class, he looks great!
Well I wanted to tell you how sad I am that you're not working out with me :( I hope you kick the shit out your fit test on Friday!
Good luck with the REAL bootcamp!!!! You'll do awesome I bet!

Karen said...

Thanks JP & Lauren! After training with ya'll at CF the PT here has been pretty easy, I'm already getting de-trained! I'll let ya know how I do on the fitness test Friday a.m.

Lauren, as long as you "put out" and keep that positive attitude, you'll continue to attract the same in work out partners!

hooah!

Karen said...

Suzanne,
I look like a boy with the haircut, can't imagine I'll look any more girly with a helmet on either! I'll call you soon!