Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quick update from Colorado

After a snow-delayed late night landing in Colorado Springs on Monday, my week has been pretty hectic. I'm here for meetings at the USOC; lots of paperwork to be done, projects to be handed over and people to meet with.

After an absolutely depressing visit to my house here in the Springs, David & Suzanne took me to Mirch Masala for some of my favorite Indian food!!! I won't go into details about my house but suffice it to say that I am extremely disappointed at the former tenants' lack of respect for other people's property and the seeming inability of my property manager to do anything about it. The world would be so much better off if people would just do the right thing. On a happier note, we had a wonderful dinner and really enjoyed catching up. These little snippets of time with Suzanne & David make my trips back to the Springs so much more enjoyable!

As I was flying out of San Diego, Whit & Kathie became parents! The monitoring that Kathie was undergoing revealed that an early delivery would be best for the babies, so at 8:00 pm Monday night Caldwell (spelling?) and Naomi entered this world at 1 lb 15 oz and 3 lb 9 oz respectively. Yes, they are tiny but doing fine. I spoke with Kathie on the phone last night and she sounded great! She didn't know how long she and the babies would be in the hospital, but that all was well. Their long-awaited parenthood journey has begun. . .

I'm here until tomorrow afternoon for more meetings then I head back to the San Diego. So much to get done both professionally and personally before I embark on my next adventure!

No comments: