Monday, August 11, 2008

Lake Placid

I'm typing this from a dorm room at the Lake Placid Olympic Training Center in New York. It's no trip to Beijing, but it's an all day journey to get here nontheless! I flew out of San Diego at 6:30 am, had a layover in Chicago, met up with my colleague, flew on to Albany, rented a car and drove the 2.5 - 3.0 hours to Lake Placid. We arrived around 8:00 pm and we'll start testing tomorrow morning bright and early on the women's ice hockey team.

It feels weird to be in the States working with a winter sport team while the summer Olympics are going on in Beijing! With the time difference between China and the west coast, I wake up every morning to about 20 emails with updates from the Games. We have lots of follks on the ground there with whom me and several other USOC employees will trade places with in a few weeks. There's a 10 day seperation between the Olympic and Paralympic Games, but there is a whole lot of turnover and passdown that occurs during that time!

So, although I don't have a lot to post about from the Games at the moment, stay tuned for updates on the Paralympics!

No comments: