Monday, August 18, 2008

Beachin Sunday

After a leisurely run on Coronado beach, I hopped on my bike and headed to Whit & Kathie's house. We packed up some snacks and beach gear and headed further north to Scott & Shannon's home. Just like me, they live in a great neighborhood two blocks from the beach. I had ridden through Encinitas several times on bike rides but had never really stopped to check out the beach town. Although I still think my beach at Coronado is better, Encinitas isn't a bad runner-up!

After we humped God only knows how much beach paraphernalia down to the coast, we staked claim to a sandy piece of real estate and hung out for the whole afternoon. I'm a minimalist for the most part, I purge my belongings every time I move and when I go somewhere I usually only bring bare essentials. In this case, a towel, sunscreen and fluids! Although I snickered at the amount of stuff 5 adults required for a few hours at the beach, I do have to admit that it was nice to have a chair to sit in!

What you see us doing in these pictures is pretty much how the afternoon went; lounging around and visiting. It was the perfect end to my hectic week and run down south of the border! I have some great shots of Kathie's belly containing a niece and a nephew (I'm confident they're going to have a boy and girl!), but I wasn't sure how she'd feel about her pregnant-with-twins belly being posted on the internet for the whole world to see! Maybe she'll let me sneak one in later. . .

4 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

Karen, You are looking mighty sweet in that bathing suit!

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!! Would have loved to be on the beach with you guys! Poured all weekend here. Sis, you are really packing the six pack!
Love ya!
Monica

Karen said...

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Randy said...

You are brave to ride your Harley to Mexico.