Friday, July 13, 2007

Back to the Royal Gorge Bridge

I finally dropped off and picked up the pictures from the disposable camera I bought and used at the Royal Gorge Bridge when my batteries went dead in my digital camera. Wow, it seems so archaic now to have to drive somewhere to pick up pictures! Actually, I didn't get any prints made, I just got the film transferred to digital since I make digital books instead of putting pictures into a photo album these days.

If you you shoot digital and never seem to get the pictures off your computer after you download them or you are using a regular photo processing service to make your digital books, you HAVE to check out this site. It's called Blurb.com. I've done several books through this website and it is awesome! There are lots of different photo and text layouts to chose from. You can also design your own cover with pictures on it. I may have already mentioned this site in a previous post, but I'm too lazy to peruse my own blog site to check! Besides, even if I have, it's worth mentioning again!!

I won't say a whole lot about the Royal Gorge Bridge park since I do know that I did a post on it in last summer when my brother was here with my niece and nephew. Philip and I had walked across the bridge and checked it out from the other side. We stopped several times to look down at the Arkansas River more than 1000 feet below us between the wooden planks of the bridge. As you can see from this picture, the weather was closing in on us! We scurried back across the bridge and made this the last sightseeing stop of the day.



No comments: