Sunday, March 11, 2007

Riding popsickles

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I haven't been traveling out of town much and the weather here hasn't been conducive to seeking out adventures! The weather this weekend has been much better, relatively speaking anyway. The temp was in the upper 40s and mid 50s.

The usual group that I ride with met up at a diner this morning where we all had breakfast before riding around for a few hours. Before breakfast, my friend Sam and I put some new pipes on my bike. I didn't want any that were too loud, my neighbors are great at checking in on my house while I travel and I don't want to make them mad! The pipes are a bit loud for cranking off the bike at my house, but they sound great out on the road. Plus, my bike's got a lot more get-up-and-go now when I roll back on the throttle! I have the smallest bike of the group I ride with and I was tired of hearing "If you're gonna ride with the big dogs. . . "

As you can see from the pics, there's still a lot of snow around. Actually, down here in the Springs, most of it is melted. The picture of the gazebo in the middle of a frozen lake is up at Green Mountain Falls park on the way up to Woodland Park.

So, not much else going on. Lot's of work and trying to stay ahead of the game while waiting for warm weather to arrive. Hopefully, I'll have a little more adventure in my life in the next couple of weeks so I can post something interesting! Thanks for checking in!!

No comments: