Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nothing exciting

Well, I was hoping to have some cool stories and pics to share this weekend, but it just didn't turn out that way. Yesterday and today we hit 70 degrees, so I was a much happier camper than I had been lately! It's amazing that you can wake up to 28 degrees, then by noon it can reach 70 degrees! I sealed the wood of my pergola yesterday and did some yard work, but that was about it. Today, my friend Suzanne and I got some riding on the Harleys in. I was so excited because 70 degrees, that's warm right? Yeah, well not if you want to ride winding roads. The scenery is great, but the problem with mountain roads is that they go UP! As elevation increases, temperature decreases. I couldn't believe how much snow is still on the ground just a few miles up the road from my house. There's just no getting around it, I've had a chill in my bones since last September (when I got to thaw out in Hawaii). Ugh.

I've been trying to stay positive and optimistic, especially since sustained warm weather is only a month away. In the back of my mind though, I know that sunset will still signal the need for a jacket, not matter what month it is here in Colorado or how warm it got during the day. So, I'm left trying to suck up as much warmth as I can before nightfall and trying to keep the speed on my bike below 40 mph in order to keep the wind chill down! Oh, for some boiled crawfish in a screened in porch with mosquitoes buzzing around. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis!
I am so glad that you have finally had some of the weather we have been having...isn't it great?!?! I hate to tell you that Dave must have originally lived here because he hasn't missed a lick. He is definitely pulling your slack. We had to test his memory for peeling boiled crabs but lo and behold it came back to him. (Mom helped peel for him too!) And yes, we aren't lacking the mosquitos either! Hope to see you soon! Love ya, Monica