Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a half day at work, so I thought I'd start off the Thanksgiving holidays with this poem I have hanging by my computer at work. I don't know where I originally got it from, so I can't give the author proper credit (which will probably get me sued!). As we all go through the rat race of life, I thought this might make the holidays with family and friends a little bit sweeter. Now if only I could learn to heed my own advice!

Money will buy. . .
A bed, but not sleep
Books, but not brains
Food, but not appetite
Finery, but not beauty
A house, but not a home
Medicine, but not health
Luxuries, but not culture
Fun, but not happiness
Religion, but not faith
Acquaintances, but not friends
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to HAVE A LIFE!

2 comments:

David Alexander said...

Thanks for that Karen!
Hope you have a Happy Turkey Day!
Will you be heading this way for the Holidays? Let us know.
-David

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting the poem out on your blog. I hung it on the door at work. I have had quite a few ask for a copy. We will miss you for Thanksgiving but know that I will taste enough for you!!!!!!
Love ya! Monica