Monday, September 18, 2006

It's a TRAVEL BLOG!!!

OK, so I guess I am feeling a bit guilty since I have the need to justify myself! I don't post specifics about work, because how boring would that be?! So, all you get to see is the pictures of my offtime. I know it looks like I don't do anything but play, but there is a little bit of work sprinkled in here. I'm not going to lie though, even the walk from my hotel to the convention center is scenic, sunny and most importantly for me. . . hot and humid!!!

Dave, I see lots of potential for pergola building out here, not to mention solar panel installation!! I'd be more than happy to be your agent/tour guide!!

Rob, I'm going to follow your directions and make my way to the old NAS Barbers Point before I leave this island. It's weird that I see some things and it makes me feel like I lived here yesterday, then other things makes it feel like a lifetime ago. For all my Navy buddies out there that were stationed out here with me, I'll take pics if I can and post them so you can see what's become of the rainbow hanger.

OK, I'm heading off to work now (really, I am!), but I'll try to post again later. Mahalo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

If it makes any diference I believe you are working too.Sometimes it is better to remember how things were than to go back and find it changed so much (sometimes not for the better).My memories of seeing Hawaii will remain good not only for the beauty of the Island but that I was able to spend time with you while you were stationed there .Four years is a long time to be without seeing or huging someone you love. Keep the postings coming , they are great even though it looks like you are haveing fun while working.
Love to you and Monica,MOM

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what Mom, I believe Sunshine could still have fun if she were a ditch digger or even a pig farmer. She already did the landscaper job digging rocks in somebody's back yard, and still had a smile on her face. Dave