Saturday, September 23, 2006

Waikiki

After a relaxing few days on the North Shore, it was time to go to "the city" for the ADA conference. The first night we went to an outside event for the conference. It's so nice to be able to wear short sleeves (and even shorts) after dark and not freeze your butt off!!

As with all work-related travel, I stayed at the Hilton. OK, we stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and Spa!! What a luxurious place! We both preferred the laid-back atmosphere of the North Shore over the hustle and bustle (and traffic) of Waikiki, but the room sure made it easier to take! We had a view of Diamond Head right from the balcony of our room. The view of the ocean is from the lounge on our floor where we had breakfast every morning.

The beach was just a 5 minute walk from our hotel, so Monica was able to get in some quality tanning time while I was at the conference. Luckily, the sun didn't set until around 7:00 p.m., so there was still lots of sun for me to soak up too!

I've decided not to complain as much about the weather here in Colorado this year, but as you view this picture of Monica and I on the beach in Hawaii, the temperature here is in the low 40s! It got down to 31 degrees last night and I awoke to a fresh snowy cap on Pikes Peak! Can someone please explain to me again why we don't have a training center in Hawaii?!

No comments: