Sunday, December 09, 2007

December snow

De je vue. . . I'm in Colorado and it's snowing! I flew into the Springs late Monday evening for a week of meetings. The week started off in the 60s and even 70s at one point I think, but progressively got colder and wetter as the days clicked by. Today it's 16 degrees and it's been snowing since yesterday morning! I'm sitting at the airport right now waiting for my flight back to California. So far, there aren't any delays, so I'm hoping to get out of here before the weather gets any worse!

The last 5 days have been busy but fun. All USOC Performance Services team members converged upon Colorado Springs from Lake Placid, Chula Vista and Marquette. There were close to 60 of us brainstorming, team building and enjoying our once a year meeting of the minds. Although we work in what most would consider a corporate environment, our work is so unique and hands-on that it keeps us passionate about what we do. With the 2008 Beijing Games less than a year away, the New Year will get off to a full sprint start and won't let up until we're analyzing the final Games results.

I'm pretty excited to get back to San Diego. I just signed a lease on an apartment two blocks from the beach that I'll be moving into on the 18th. It's small, but I figured out a long time ago that I don't really need much space anymore. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to use coins to do laundry again! But hey, I'm sure I'll forget all about that roll of quarters when I jump on my beach cruiser and peddle towards the beach!

I leave on the 20th for two weeks of holiday vacation back in Louisiana; I'm soooooooooo excited! Hopefully between the move, vacation back home, and my mom coming back to California with me after the holidays, I'll have some pics to post with. Until then, have a great week!!!

No comments: