Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Family

One of the great past-times while I'm at home is sitting on the swing and visiting. The definition of visiting by ole Mr. Webster "to pay a call on as an act of friendship or courtesy" just doesn't capture the ease in which we converse and laugh while sitting on a swing in the shade! Family news relayed, stories told, recent happenings discussed, memories relived, future dreams shared- now that is the true definition of "visiting". The characters in this visit on the swing is my nephew Andy and his girlfriend Lauren with me and my niece Julia.

Sometimes the swing is too arduous and we're forced to recline in the hammock while visiting! In this picture are my nephews Gavin and Philip hanging out with Philip's girlfriend Jessica. My brother, sister & I gave this hammock to my dad as a father's day gift a while back, but I think he has to fight for time in it!

Every summer, my mom allows a section of grass in her yard to be sacrificed for the kids' pool. I think this is the biggest one my brother has brought home yet! It took two days to fill it with the hose pipe (yeah, we call a "garden hose" a "hose pipe" down here!). The kids swam in it quite a bit, but it never got warm enough for us adults (and I use that term loosly!) to go for a dip.

OK, so you're probably wondering if I actually attended the conference or if I just hung out at my parents' house for the week! I commuted back and forth from Houma to New Orleans during the conference. I'll make the next post about New Orleans just for proof!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see any reference to the great food you told us about!

Karen said...

Patience grasshopper!! I've got a couple more posts to do from this trip. . .