Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nee-hao!

That's hello in Chinese! It was quite the journey, but I made it to Beijing! I got back to my house in Colorado Springs from Louisiana about midnight on Wednesday night. My phone rang at 3:00 a.m. - it was United airlines telling me that my 8:00 a.m. flight to San Francisco (then on to Beijing) had been cancelled. The representative proceeded to explain to me that if I got to the airport in an hour and a half though, she could route me to Beijing earlier. I politely said no and requested she send me on Friday! So, after a 2 hour flight to Chicago, then a 13.5 hour flight to Beijing, I'm checked into my hotel and am about to go looking for my co-workers and get some dinner. I'm pretty tired, but my stomach is growling louder than my eyelids are slamming shut.

No pictures yet, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it. Will post more tomorrow!

wan-sharng hoa
(good night)

No comments: