Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm off!



As you can see from the countdown clock on complex at the Olympic Training Center, we're only 12 days to opening ceremonies in Torino. Notice that we are also 922 days from the Summer Olympics in Beijing. We're always focused at least 2 Olympics ahead!

I've spent most of the weekend running errands and packing. It almost feels like I am getting ready for a Navy deployment - shining my boots and trying to anticipate everything I'll need over the next 2 months! I've been so busy over the last month that I haven't really had the chance to get excited, but now that I'm packing, my enthusiasm is growing! I love international travel, especially when I can stay for a while and take in the culture. It's not like I'll get to go sightseeing everyday, but just living and working in Torino will allow me to experience much more than if I were to just spend a week or two on vacation there.

I leave early tomorrow morning, so barring any travel dramas, the next post will be from Torino. Ciao!

No comments: